Monday, September 2, 2013

The Gold Rush


In addition to the reality, “It’s who you know” in entertainment, the equally important is, “It’s what you know.”

There are many people in entertainment that get roles and opportunities because of who they know or who they dated (if they were still speaking). There are also those who got to where they are in the entertainment field because they work hard and learned as much as they could.

For creative people, Full Sail allows them the opportunity to learn what the pros know and at times more than what they know. With updated equipment and ampule opportunities to meet industry leaders and artists, Full Sail has been a welcomed challenge to my academic goals.

 I am receiving my masters in entertainment business on Friday September 6, 2013.  The program was designed as an online program so I was able to continue working in my field while earning my degree. There was many a nights that I needed to complete my daytime work and projects and still had homework to do. I had to push through and work hard.


Before this time in my life will come to an end, I started working with two partners to begin planning on opening a small theatre company and non-profit company. We hired a business consultant and have already begun the hard work of building from the ground up.

I am excited that I feel equipped to handle what is ahead and gathered many ideas from the courses that I received a Full Sail. I know about new programs, app and opportunities to make my company grow and be successful. Although I had some low moments in business finance, it still prepared me for my future.

A college like Full Sail is where artists can study and feel like themselves. Budget cuts in education have left the arts non-existent in schools today and creative people feel left out and out of place. To have an opportunity to study what we love is worth its weight in gold.

Thanks for reading,

Enrika M. Sissle

No comments:

Post a Comment